My family really loves fettuccine, but I had never made it before because I'm really picky about the sauce. I like it to the thick and stick to the noodles. I hate runny cream sauce. Anyway, this was perfect. Everyone ate it and loved it. I'm thrilled because it was super easy and really inexpensive. (Of course, I bought almost all of the ingredients on sale, which helps!)
Philadelphia Fettuccine (adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 lb fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 can (2 cups) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
- 7 tablespoons 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 steamable bag of broccoli cuts, prepared
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and flour in medium saucepan. Stir in cream cheese spread, 5 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly with wire whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
- Drain pasta. Toss with sauce and broccoli. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and the parsley.