Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Kid's Favorite Turkey and Veggie Roll Ups


I've been feeling a little bit uninspired (and out of time) in terms of actually cooking "real" meals lately. However, now that I have 3 growing kids, and we are ALWAYS on the go, I'm always looking for a quick idea to keep us from having to grab something to eat while we're out. A quick drive thru for a meal or an "emergency" snack is just NOT in our budget these days, but it can be SO hard to squeeze in a real meal to our crazy schedule! Lately, I've discovered that my kids really like these turkey roll up, and they are so fast and easy! Here's how I make them,

Ingredients-

1 burrito sized tortilla
1 tablespoon of cream cheese
2 slices of turkey
1/3 cup of salad mix with veggies (You know, the kind with radishes, carrots, snap peas, cabbage, etc.This is the huge time saving factor!)

Instructions -

Spread 1 tablespoon of softened cream cheese over entire tortilla. Lay 2 slices of turkey out flat. Cover turkey with a thin layer of salad mix. Roll and enjoy!

The key here is not over stuffing these. (Think a Taco Bell cheese roll up with stuff that is actually good for you!) These were easy enough for my kids to grab and eat in the car without making a mess, which is the kind of quick meals we need all too frequently around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers