Saturday, June 14, 2014

Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette


Well heck, after posting my daughter's video yesterday, I'm feeling inspired to get my act together! So, here is a new recipe!

I know I've mentioned before that I love making homemade dressing. People really think you're a genius, and it is so NOT hard. It is also healthier and less expensive than store bought.

Several years ago, I saw Rachael Ray make a "bottom of the jar" recipe using jam, vinegar and oil. My husband and I have been obsessed with Bonne Maman preserves lately (BTW, I love shopping at Wal Mart for this type of thing. A jar of Bonne Maman is like $3,75 there vs $5.95 at our Hy Vee!), so I used the bottom of the jar to make this delicious dressing, and it IS DELICIOUS. 

Here is the recipe -

3 tablespoons of blueberry preserves
3 oz of balsamic vinegar
9 oz of extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste

Shake and serve!

Really, this is just a formula. You can test other kinds of vinegars, jams and oils for tons of fun combinations. This is just what I had on hand today.

I served mine on a copy cat Panera salad with hearts of romaine, spinach, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries and pecans. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers