Saturday, June 28, 2014

Raspberry and Spinach Pizza


Before you go guessing that this sounds super weird, let me assure you that it was not. It was AWESOME. I actually made 2, and my family ate all of both of them.

The original recipe I had called for pomegranate arils, but I couldn't find them out of season, so I switched it up for raspberries. Next time, I would switch out the squash for something seasonal as well. Peaches would have been amazing for a yummy summer pizza

Ingredients,

1 store bought pizza crust (This one is from the pizza station at my grocery store.)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cloves of garlic
a handful of spinach
1 package of fresh mozzarella pearls
a handful of butternut squash (fall) or diced fresh peaches (summer)
1 small package of pomegranate arils (fall) raspberries (summer)

I started by melting the butter in the microwave and grinding the garlic in with a microplane. Then, brush the crust with the melted butter. Next, place a single layer of spinach over the crust and scatter the mozzarella pearls and butternut squash or peaches. Bake as directed. I put the raspberries on while the pizza was still warm, and it was perfection. If you choose to use butternut squash or peaches as I did in the picture, I would put either of those on BEFORE baking.

Easy and surprisingly yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lisette, I am so happy to meet you and to have found your blog. My husband is going to love that pull apart garlic bread, Yum! You have some great ideas here . . . this old grandma just might learn a few new tricks if I stay around.
    I am your newest follower and blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers