Friday, March 12, 2010

Ahead of the game...


I have the day off work today, so I am extra organized! I'm already done with 2/3 grocery trips for the week.

I allotted $70 total for groceries for the week. I added $10 of my own spending money for Lean Cuisines for lunches this week, and I added $10 from our family spending money to grab some pop on sale. I don't do that very often, but I needed to this week.

The picture above is from our trip to Hy-Vee. We spent $25.75 pre-tax.

We made a trip to Price Chopper yesterday, but somehow my picture got deleted! Here is what we got:

1 box of Keebler Almond Crisps (free)
6 bricks of Philadelphia cream cheese
4 8 oz bags of Kraft cheese
2 8 oz bricks of Kraft cheese
6 Lean Cuisine pizzas
1 box of Nestle Drumsticks
1 Digiornio Rising Crust pizza
2 avocados

My pre-tax total was $25.70. I saved $38.52. It was a REALLY good trip. Darn about the picture!

I did make one more quick trip to the grocery store, but I didn't get it uploaded. I basically just got pop, milk and chips. I also tried two new recipes this weekend -- Glorified Rice and Coffeedoodle Donuts! Both were delicious! I'll be updating with the donut recipe soon!

We got really lucky this weekend and were taken out to dinner twice! We'll also eat at Alpha tonight. This girls are home for Spring Break this week. They'll be eating ham or PB&J for lunch along with delicious fruit! We're so happy to have organic kiwis, bananas, strawberries, apples and pears on hand. I will be looking forward to Lean Cuisine cheese pizzas. For dinner tomorrow, we'll probably have pizza, too. (Have I mentioned how much I love pizza.) Dinners later in the week when daddy goes back to work will probably be Healthy Choice soups or something else easy like grilled cheese. For snacks, we'll be eating yogurt, glorified rice, cheese and crackers and cereal. I also took pumpkin puree and cranberries out of the fridge to make whole wheat pumpkin cranberry muffins, but I haven't gotten to it yet! Maybe tonight!

www.orgjunkie.com

1 comment:

Followers