Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday Broccoli Salad



I had this salad for the first time at a Thanksgiving work potluck. I REALLY liked it, and while it wasn't traditional for our family, my friend that brought it said they eat it EVERY year. It's nice because it's pretty darn simple, but it's delicious. I also think it's really nice to have something fresh and crunchy on the Thanksgiving table. I've made it for the last few years now too, and my family really likes it. I hope you do too!

Salad -
4 crowns of broccoli, chopped very small
1/2 red onion, chopped very fine
1 cup of grated cheddar
4 strips of bacon for bacon bits (I use a package of bacon bits instead.)

Dressing -
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup white sugar
Dash of pepper

(Place ingredients in sealed Tupperware and shake to blend.)

Just a little tip, I always serve the dressing on the side. It's VERY zippy, so I feel like people should be able to control how much they want. Plus, then your salad leftovers don't get soggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers