It made such a nice breakfast, and was so easy to put together first thing in the morning. I was thinking it would be a great Thanksgiving or Christmas morning breakfast! I think for the holidays, I will adjust the recipe with apricots and dried cherries to make it extra special. Yum!
The adjusted recipe is as follows:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries (I subbed raisins.)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Stir in dried cranberries and walnuts. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.