Friday, July 3, 2009

Kind of a silly trip. I very seriously considered skipping the store this week. I don't even have ROOM in my fridge, freezer or any of my pantries. Even my section of my MOM''s freezer is fully. But, once again I get back t the fact that I'm afraid skipping a week would cause us to get behind, and we wouldn't get caught up.

So, basically, for this trip I just bought the stuff I needed for our 4th of July functions. Cumulatively, I'm responsible for berry lemonade, pasta salad, chips, a centerpiece for the table, berry crisp and ice cream. Everything else I got was just tryin' to get ahead a little.

1 8 pack of Hershey's snack sized chocolate bars
1 bag of marshmallows
1 bag of Wacky Mac spirals
1 Betty Crocker frosting
1 McCormick cinnamon sugar grinder (This will be a stocking stuffer for my mom. Now THAT's planning ahead!)
2 loaves of Wonder 100% whole wheat
1 4lb bag of sugar
1 gallon of Lipton Diet Green Tea
1 box of Nabisco graham crackers
4 bags of Doritos
1 can of EZ cheese (a small thanks to Daddy who will be heavy-duty on Dad-duty for the next 5 weeks!)
5 various Coke 12 packs
3 1/2 gallons of lemonade
1 1/2 gallon of Breyers ice cream
.93 lbs of brocolli crowns
1 huge tomato
1 green bell pepper
1 dozen beautiful and perfect red roses (what a steal at $5.00!)

I saved $44.47 (49%.) Total after tax was $50.60.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers