Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Double-Spiced Pumpkin Pie


I made Thanksgiving pumpkin pie for the first time four or so years ago. Without realizing that it was the "non-conformist" way to go, I used the recipe from the Eagle Brand milk can instead of plain old condensed milk. After I whipped up the filling, I decided it was too bland, so I dumped in about 50% more of each spice. To my amazement, everyone loved it. I'm not gonna lie. It was (and always is) especially good. Who knew Eagle Brand milk was the way to go?

Ingredients *

  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake 15 minutes.
  2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
*This is the recipe as I have re-written it. Original recipe calls for less of each spice.

See also OurKrazyKitchen and LifeAsMom.

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a terrific pie. I enjoy extra sweet spice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't realize this was a "non-conformist" pie. I prefer this one too. :-) Thank you for participating in Save Room for Dessert at Our Krazy Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the extra spices, the more the merrier.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding your recipes to my Thanksgiving linky! Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive