Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blueberry Bread


We lovvvve blueberries at our house! I have several lbs in my freezer from last year's picking season. I've been thinking I should try a recipe for blueberry bread, so when I found this one with such great reviews, I was really happy.

I adjusted the recipe a little, and I was so, SO happy with the results. It is absolutely delicious -- like a huge muffin but maybe yummier! Here is the adjusted recipe,
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon or orange zest
  • 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • TOPPING:
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla and orange zest. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. sounds good! I'll have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I'll have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMM! A perfect tea bread for spring! Thanks for sharing!!!
    http://www.inspired2cook.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers