Saturday, May 9, 2009

No real food today either. I picked up some cheap snack things and the ingredients I needed for my portion of the MD BBQ. I made a "Boston Cream" dessert, and I'm going to make veggie foil packs to steam on the grill. I thought the Boston Cream would be cheap, but I'm realizing it would have been cheaper (and quite possibly yummier) to pick up a Lemon Meringue pie. Oh well. I really enjoy putting in the extra love to take something homemade.

Here's what we got --

3 bags of 5 ct generic bagels ($.99 a piece)
1 BIG Cool Whip ($2.28)
3 Smart Ones (($1.66 a piece) I usually stock up on these at this price, but I couldn't today.)
1 Betty Crocker chocolate frosting ($1.27 after coupon)
1 Hunt's Ketchup ($.99)
2 generic "Gerber" toddler puffs (A luxurious necessity for keeping the 9 month old entertained)
4 instant Jello puddings ($.58 a piece)
1 green bell pepper ($.50)
1 Vidalia Onion ($.36)
4 boxes of various Kellogg's cereals (($.08 a piece after coupons) No that is not a typo!)
1 Philadelpha whipped cream cheese ($1.98)

My total was $23.44. I also walked out of the store with a gallon of milk I forgot to pay for. (I do this with SOMETHING ALMOST every time. So frustrating!) Incidentally, they let me use a coupon for it! LOL! I will try REALLY hard to remember to have them add it to my total next week.

We also went to the Wonder Bread outlet. We picked up 4 loaves of 100% Whole Wheat bread. Our total was just over $5.00, and we scored a free bag of blueberry mini muffins and a free Twinkie. Can't complain!

Sooooooooo, I'm still not EXCITED about anything we have to eat, but I suppose I'll get over it. We'll mostly be eating stockpiled stuff for meals. I'll probably make cavatini this week. We could have pancakes or whole wheat french toast with eggs and homemade hash browns. I have the stuff for tuna noodle salad. The girls and I would love to snack on beans and cheese over tortillas or chips. We have plenty of boxes of mac and cheese, ham, cheese and crackers out the ears, stuff for smoothies, and, of course, about 20 boxes of various cereals. Clearly, we're nowhere close to NEEDING groceries. I just am wishing for something different, but I don't even know what!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers