Saturday, May 16, 2009

We hit just one grocery store this weekend. It was a pretty good trip. I found lots of coupons AT the store. They were kind of weird ones though like, "buy this, get such and such for such and such." I bought some stuff I wouldn't normally buy for that reason, but it's all good. We did stray just a little outside of the $50.00 range, but no big deal. If I haven't mentioned it before, I do all of my shopping with a 10 month old and a 3 year old. A calculator just ain't gonna happen. Besides, the best calculator I got is in my noggin. : ) But, one can only do SO well at keeping track given the circumstances.

Also, I am working on stocking up on some food for our summer vacation. We are going to Denver and Breckenridge for 8 or 9 days. By the time we have paid for hotel and gas, we ought to be about spent. So, I'm trying to think WAY ahead and start stocking up on stuff. We will be living on whatever I can conjure up ahead of time, $50.00 for the week and whatever extra we can squeeze out of the budget. (PS Send me your fast food coupons. Just kidding!) So, on top of trying to stretch this project to cover birthdays and holidays, I guess we're adding vacations too. We may be able to do some extra shopping at some point, but we'll have to wait and see how the $$$s pan out until then.

Here's what we've got...

4 jumbo Apple Cinnamon muffins from the bakery
2 Bertolli frozen meals
2 bottles of Hunt's Ketchup
1 Keebler Almond and Dark Chocolate Sandies
1 small bag of Millstone flavored coffee
2 Mussellman's 4 packs of unsweetened applesauce
4 BIG boxes of Pop Tarts
2 ginormous take and bake pizzas from the deli
2 packages of Oscar Meyer deli ham
1 big bag of Tyson popcorn chicken
1 gallon of chocolate milk
1/2 gallon of white milk
2 lbs of strawberries
2 lbs of Fuji apples
10 lbs of Russet potatos
12 oz of grated mozzarella

Out total was $61.58. We saved about $15.00 in coupons. This store does not total how much we saved on sale items. It was a lot though probably at least 50%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers