Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sam's Club Edition

The circulars for the days between Thanksgiving and next Wednesday's new circulars were unimpressive. I decided to take the opportunity to make a trip to Sam's. I have a love/hate relationship with Sam's. I think it's possible to get some good deals, but it usually seems easier to spend $500. I went with the intent to spend our usual $50. I came out $57 later. I figure for Sam's, that is a success. The problem, however, is what will eat??? Here is what we got (not picture is a sea salt grinder my baby was clinging to for dear life --)




In the meantime, I also found out that we are having an impromptu and casual Thanksgiving at my in-laws tomorrow. My mother in law is getting a Honeybaked ham, so I said I'd bring double batches of green bean casserole and red hot jello. I'm also going to try a new recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip bars. I may have myself in over my head seeing as how I still have a huge Thanksgiving mess to clean up, dinner to prepare, Daddy at work until the wee hours of the morning and church before lunch tomorrow. What am I thinking?

Even though we were ALREADY over budget, we still had to stop to get some things for tomorrow's meal. I had to pick up the super cheap stuff at the store while we were at it. This purchase had to come out of our Christmas gift budget. Do you think I can convince the in-laws that our Thanksgiving dinner was their Christmas present??? Here is what we got at Price Chopper --


My pre-tax total was $21.51. I saved $16.66 total. All of that was store savings as I am realizing that my yogurt coupon is still in my pocket. Not such a bad total for an emergency stop with no coupons! Even still, let's hope next week is better!

Other than red hot jello and green bean casserole, we'll probably eat cranberry chicken with wild rice and sweet potatoes on Monday night. Other lunches and dinners will include breakfast for dinner, Velveeta shells and cheese with broccoli, nachos with black beans and cheese, spaghetti and garlic bread, grilled cheese and tomato soup. Lunches on Wed- Fri will be brown bag. Snacks will include Doritos, Z-bars, berries and yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, walnuts with dried cherries and my girl''s most unlikely favorite snack -- corn straight from the can. See other menu plans at orgjunkie.com.

See last week here.

See also LifeAsMom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive