Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not a lot of food around here! For some reason we've really been plowing through the food we have. I have a bunch of staples, but just not a whole lot of meal type stuff. Unfortunately, the grocery store sales seemed really weak this week. I decided we would try the Wal-Mart market by us again. I hadn't been in probably 18 months or so, so I figured it was worth a shot. However, since they don't publish a circular, I couldn't prepare a list or coupons. A total shot in the dark...

Here is what we came home with --


Total cost was $10.99 before tax. The crackers also had a free after mail in rebate tag on them. I was happy with the price of what I DID get, but I was really unimpressed with the general cost of things and the lack of sale items! We won't be going back any time soon!

I was pretty disappointed on our way home because I was HOPING to pick something up for dinner. We ended up having cheese quesadillas and bananas with vanilla yogurt. Not an ideal combination, but it wasn't so bad!

I'm not quite sure what I'll do to get us through the rest of the week! I'm thinking maybe we'll try Target tomorrow night. Hopefully I can match some sales with some good coupons!

See this week's trip to Super Target here.

See last week's $50/grocery project here and here.

See also, beingfrugal.net.

1 comment:

  1. Good job staying committed to your budget. I've only been budgeting for a couple of months, and it is HARD sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive