Sunday, November 1, 2009




You know it's a good trip when you have trouble making sure everything is visible for a picture.

Honestly though, I can barely believe this trip. I didn't want to go. I still don't feel good. It's a beautiful day outside, and I wanted to be having fun. But...we went. We had to, or we wouldn't have eaten this week. Here is what we got...

1 bag of cinnamon imperials
1 bag of frozen corn
1 bag of frozen peas
2 boxes of Cheez-Its
6 boxes of General Mills Cereal
1 jar of unsweetened generic applesauce
1 box of Jello
2 jars of Simply Fruit jam (I love these!)
1 32 oz bottle of Wesson canola oil
2 pints of Blue Bunny ice cream
1 Hormel turkey and gravy dinner
2 boxes of Hormel Little Sizzlers
3 1 lb bags of Reeser's hashbrowns
10 cups of Dannon yogurt
2 tubs of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 5 lb bag of Russet potatoes
1 small tub of cottage cheese

Get this -- pre-tax total was $25.72. I feel like we did SOOO good. All 6 boxes of cereal, all of the hash browns and nearly all of the yogurts were entirely free. I got a $6 bounce back coupon for milk on the cereal too. All in all, I think I came out actually $7 in the positive on the cereal deal. I'm thinking about swinging by the store for the cereal deal again! While that's normally more sugar than I want my family to eat, I will let them eat it in moderation while General Mills pays me out in organic milk.

As I already mentioned, we'll be eating things like fish sticks and fries, grilled cheese with tomato soup, sausage, eggs and hashbrowns and cavatini. I'm also going to whip up a family favorite -- Red Hot Jello, so stay tuned for that recipe! We'll be snacking on bagels and cream cheese, cereal, baby's favorite, pumpkin muffins, fresh apples and pears, biscuits and jelly and banana peanut butter smoothies.

See this week's other trip here.

See also Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive