Monday, May 10, 2010

Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips

I delivered this little tray to my mom for Mother's Day. The word is that my dad ate all the chips and left my mom all of the salsa. Ha! Those little chips are really darn good!

Ingredients
  • 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
  • 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
  • 8 ounces raspberries
  • 1 pound strawberries
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
  • 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
  • butter flavored cooking spray
  • 2 cups cinnamon sugar

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.

10 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you've convinced me. I'm going to have to try fruit salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this would be a great thing to fix for my teens

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! We made the cinnamon chips twice last week, and neither time did they look that pretty. I'm going to try your version and see if it goes better! The fruit salsa sounds so good for summer too, thanks for a great idea.

    Stopping by from Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, and a new follower!

    Jessica
    www.dinnerwiththeshivers.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fruit salsa looks so good and the chips too!
    Im also stopping by from Melt in your Mouth Mondays!
    Heading over to follow your blog.
    Thanks!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks so yummy and refreshing! I've got to try this! Thanks for adding this recipe to my Melt in Your Mouth Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! I have that same dish!!! I love how you've arranged yours...very colorful.
    Thanks for the recipes, too.

    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this is a nifty twist on traditional chips and salsa. I bet you get great comments from people when you serve it.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite appetizers. Yum!

    I'd love for you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/05/homemade-coffee-creamer/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, I love your dish:@)

    ReplyDelete

Followers