Ok, so this recipe is NOT rocket science, but it DID keep us out of a fast food drive thru between soccer practice and a school board meeting this week. PLUS, everyone ate it. THAT is ALWAYS a win!
Here is how I made it (from allrecipes.com,)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas (I used 4.)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, cook refried beans and onions (to soften them) on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place one tortilla in the bottom of the greased pan. Spread about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture over it. Layer a few tablespoons of salsa over this. Then, place another tortilla over the salsa, and add more of the bean mixture. Follow the beans with a big handful of cheese, spreading evenly. repeat layers, spreading the ingredients evenly over the tortillas. On the top layer, make sure to use lots of salsa and cheese!
- Bake until the cheese is melted, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
651 | Total Fat: 20.3g | Cholesterol: 68mg