Saturday, September 8, 2012

Honey Lime Shrimp and Noodles



I actually got organized this morning and made a REAL meal plan! I found this recipe for Honey Lime Shrimp, and I decided to change it up a little and serve it up over noodles. My family was REALLY happy. My husband ate all the shrimp, and my kids ate ALL the noodles. I was really surprised by how affordable a shrimp dish could be too. I think the whole dish came out to about $6 or $7. Not bad!

Here is how I did it,

Ingredients,

Marinade -

1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T honey
juice of one small lime
zest of one small lime
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Noodles -

1 lb of spaghetti noodles (prepared as directed)
3 T butter
2 T honey
juice of one small lime
zest of one small lime
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Soy sauce to taste

1. Mix all of your marinade ingredients together and place in a ziploc bag with the raw shrimp. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes or so and then. Give them 10 minutes or so to come to room temperature before you cook them.

2. While the shrimp is marinating prepare your noodles as directed.

3. When the shrimp are done marinating, heat a pan to medium hot. Place shrimp in a single layer on a skillet and cook on each side for about a minute. They should caramelize and look nice and brown. (See my shrimp in the very middle? It is perfect!)

4. Once your shrimp is done, take it out of the skillet. Add all of your sauce mixture for the skillet and use a wooden spoon to scrap up all of the brown shrimpy bits off of the bottom. Once the butter is melted, toss your noodles in the sauce for a minute or two.

5. Transfer your noodles to a big bowl, top with the shrimp and serve family style!

3 comments:

  1. Simple and so tasty. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dishes like this - pretty quick too! Over here from addicted to recipes and new follower too. Invite you to stop by and see me and follow along if you like too. Deb

    ReplyDelete

Followers