Sunday, March 10, 2013

Frugal Party Favors -- Strawberry Grow Kits!


I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty genius about this one! My daughter had her first big friend party for her 7th birthday yesterday, and I really struggled with the idea of party favors. The party was already not budget friendly, and I just did not have the cash to do much of anything -- especially for 15 kids. That, and I especially am not a fan of party favor bags filled with candy and cheap plastic toys. Yuck.

So the story on these is that Target usually has these "grow kits" (these are strawberries) in their dollar spot from about Valentine's Day through midsummer. There are usually several varieties, which is really fun. For my daughter, I chose strawberries. My daughter's friends and the parents were very excited to go home and plant their new strawberries!

These actually come in a pretty wide variety. I've also shamrocks, forget me nots and various herbs. The variety makes these really great favors for just about any kind of party. They would even be great for a wedding, and at a $1 a pop, you pretty much can't beat the price. Have fun with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers