Sunday, December 27, 2009
Wow. We have more snow than I have ever seen at one time in my 28 years living in Kansas City. It's both a blessing and a curse, but we're making the most of it! I am thankful I am organized enough that we have everything we need to be stuck at home for a few days. None of those snowy diaper or milk runs around here! We're just fine!
There is even enough snow that I got to try SNOW ICE CREAM for the first time! I was skeptical, but YUM. Even my husband went back for seconds. Here is how we did it.
1 gallon of snow (I filled a big mixing bowl.)
2 cups of milk
1 cup of white sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
Basically, you just pour everything in to the mixing bowl with the snow and mix! I did go slowly with the milk to make sure I didn't make the mixture too soggy! The addition of the almond extract was my idea. Another idea would be to sub the almond extract for peppermint extract and to crush up candy canes for a topping. YUM!
Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Vintage Recipe Thursday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, LifeasMom, Krazy Kitchen and Mouthwatering Monday.
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (43)
- ► 2011 (122)
- ► 2010 (119)
- Don't make it harder than it has to be...
- Tuesday's Eat from the Pantry Experience
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Mini Eat-From-The-Pantry Challenge
- Snow Ice Cream
- Christmas Angels
- Cranberry Almond Bars
- Christmas Shopping Trip #1
- Red Hot Cookies
- Why buy consignment? Part 3
- Christmas Tour
- Confetti Chicken Casserole
- Holy Exhaustion. It's 10:59, and we've just retur...
- A fabulous cup of coffee...
- Hammy's Sugar Cookies
- Patient Hope in New Snow
- "Baby's Favorite" -- delicious and easy homemade b...
- This morning's trip to the store was a little cra...
- Answered prayers look a little bit like frozen chi...
- Summer Dreamin'
- ▼ December (21)