Saturday, May 4, 2013

Updating My Mom's Sloppy Joe Recipe...

My mom is a really good cook. Like really good. I made her Sloppy Joe recipe for the first time a few months ago, and my peeps really liked it. My middle daughter is the pickiest, and she liked it the most. A winning recipe for sure!

I realized it would be super easy to sneak some veggies in to it, so the last time I made it I did just that. Here is my updated receipt from my mom's original.

Ingredients -

1 cup chopped onion
4 lbs hamburger

Brown and drain. Then add,

14 oz of ketchup
1 cup water
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
2T brown sugar
1T worsteshire sauce
2 tsp vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer for about 30 minutes until the sauce is thick! Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers