Friday, August 28, 2009

Oooooooooh, under $50.00 after tax! I did it! Even though that's the goal, it's been awhile. I've done a lot better at coming in under $50.00 before tax. I had two things working in my favor -- me and the girls had a nap before we went AND I had time for the first time in a few weeks to organize my coupon book and to set out the coupons I needed for our trip. Setting out my coupons before I go to the store is the single thing that makes the biggest difference, I think.

I only made one trip this weekend. I'm just not finding the time for making it to two especially not three stores these days! I will have my mom pick up one little package of Kraft Singles with my overage this week. We are out, and that is like *crisis.*

Here is what I got...

1 Blueberry Creme Cake
1 Suave shampoo (free, will donate)
2 Pillsbury Grand Biscuits
2 1/2 gallons of Roberts OJ
1 Rainbow Chips Deluxe
4 small cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce
4 cans of generic kidney beans
1 box of Wheat Thins (free)
2 Nature's Path 100% Whole Grain loaves
1 box of Ritz
1 box of Nature's Valley Nut Clusters
2 6 packs of Sun Maid raisins
2 jars of Skippy Natural
2 box of Ronzoni Smart Taste
1 squeeze bottle of Welch's Red. Sugar jelly
1 box of Cascadian Farm Dark Chocolate Granola (This is soooooooooooo good.)
1 box of Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal
1/2 gallon of Organic Nature's Path whole milk
1/2 gallon of Heartland Creamery root beer milk
1/2 gallon of Blue Bunny Coffee Break ice cream
1 box of Mango Whole Fruit popsicles
2.03 lbs of pears
1.82 lbs of Necarines
Hormel Naturals Ham

The checker said I saved just under $30.00 with coupons. That includes $5.00 in diaper coupons that did not count in my under $50.00. No telling how much I saved on sale stuff. A lot, I think. There is some good quality food in that list. Although I realize now we are missing some veggies. I am a little afraid I will hear some complaints from husband about the lack of quick and easy meals!

All in all, a good trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers