Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kind of a tough $20.00 to spend knowing that I'm up against ANOTHER party next week, our fridge is lookin' pretty empty, and my girls are eating us out of house and home. I also had to buy diapers. Our food total was just over $20.00 after tax.

1 box of Pamper's wipes (free)
1 box of Pamper's diapers ($18.99)
1 Del Monte Fruit Chiller ($1.00)
8 generic tortillas ($1.28)
1 can of generic black beans ($.28)
4 boxes of Nutri Grain bars ($1.50/a piece)
1 jar of Peter Pan PB ($.99)
1 box of Uncle Ben's brown rice ($1.69)
1 lb of Farmhouse bacon ($1.99)
1 Hillshire farm ham ($2.00)
2 half gallons of chocolate milk and 2 half gallons of whole white milk ($1.28) (sadly not organic. couldn't do it this week, and I feel like a bad mom)
3.50 lbs of Granny Smith apples ($.88/lb.)

How did I do? What would you have bought in my situation?

Another thing that I noticed on my trip today was that there are WIC stickers now for WIC recommended foods that are high in nutrition for the value. I noticed the sticker by the whole milk and the black beans. I thought it was kind of an interesting idea. I'll have to pay more attention next time about what WIC recommends. I think I have a pretty good handle on nutrition AND cost, but maybe not on the two put together. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers