Saturday, August 15, 2009

Would you believe we have ANOTHER party this weekend??? We're celebrating my youngest daughter's first birthday with a Mexican buffet and cake for 30ish people. I allowed us an extra $50.00 for party food. I am responsible for cheese, black beans, lemonade punch, ice cream, tomatoes, and a few back-up tortillas in case we run out. I was very pleased to be able to get a good deal on almost everything!

Here is what we got:

3 AE Red. sugar lemonades
2 16 oz Coffeemates (Incidentally, one of these didn't make it home. I'll have to remember next time I'm there.)
2 4% HV brand big tubs of cottage cheese
2 1/2 gallons of Robert's OJ
2 Bertolli Dinners for 2
1 bag of Ore-Ida french fries
1 Freschetta pizza (forgot to give them my coupon for this, darnit!)
1 Crisco canola oil with DHA
1 bag of generic tortillas
4 cans of generic black beans
2 box of generic baking soda
3 boxes of Pop Tarts
1 tin of McCormick black pepper
1 bag of Pillsbury muffin mix
3 jars of Ragu
2 jars of Skippy
2 Annies Shells and Cheese (1 ended up not being on sale and cost an arm and a leg!)
1 box of Cascadian Farm Vanilla chip granola bars (These are SO good.)
1 box of Blue Bunny Aspens
1 box of Blue Bunny Sedonas (Holy cow! These are also amazing!)
2 1/2 gallons of Breyers ice cream
1 Glade mini candle (Free after coupon!)
4 bags of generic Mexican blend cheese
6 various Coke 2 litres
3 bags of Hy Vee lettuce (forgot coupon on one! darnit!)
1 lemon
2.63 lbs of tomatoes
'
My after tax total was $90.75, so I came out pretty good. I also got a $7.00 catalina, which was a great surprise!

I am trying to decide if I am going to go to Hen House this week for the Fuel for School promotion. I think I could go and spend very little after coupons if I STICK with the Fuel for School products, but I'm thinkin it would be better for my budget if I DIDN'T.

Also, I should mention that we bought a NEW CAR this week. We are no longer debt free except for mortgage. While it was not a decision I was dying to make, it was the best one. We now have a minivan for our hopefully growing family, and we got it at a price of 8K under invoice price. All this means is that I'm going to have to stretch our dollar even further to get our 12K loan paid off on the double! We paid our last car off 11K loan in 12 months. Think we can do it a second time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers