Friday, October 30, 2009


It's been a hard week around here with myself being ill, a flopped meatloaf and a spilled half gallon of chili. There just isn't enough food to waste any when you've only got $50 a week, and I sure didn't have the energy to be dealing with that kind of stuff! We broke down and ended up ordering a pizza last night. I can't tell you how long it's been since we did that. I COULD have thrown together something, but I was just at my wit's end. Plus, it was a CRAZY week of baking various Halloween goodies. I discovered this week that Halloween is a very busy time in the social life of a pre-schooler. Next year, I think I'll take a few days off.

Anyway, this is our first trip for the week. Here is what we got:

4 cans of Campbell's chicken noodle
4 cans of Campbell's tomato
2 packs of Trident Layers
1 2 liter of Coke
1 box of Progresso Stock
1 gallon of hormone free white milk
1 lb of fish sticks
6.23 lbs of various apple varieties
5.52 lbs of pears

My pre-tax total was $20.04. I saved $24.96.

I'll make one other stop this week. It's going to have to be a good one because we sure can't live on fish sticks and chicken noodles for a whole week! I do at least still have plenty of bananas to make banana bread, and I'll be making pumpkin muffins tomorrow for a hoard of preschoolers that are coming to visit. I also bought plenty of apples and pears because my girls have been eating a TON of "baby's favorite." (I think I'll do a mini-lesson on how to make homemade baby food (or applesauce in this case) for those of you who might not have tried it. It is easier than you would guess!) I can guess we'll be eatin' some cavatini and grilled cheese with tomato soup. My family will be thrilled!

See our other trip this week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive