Sunday, January 24, 2010


This may be my worst update ever as I don't have my receipt in front of me, and I can't remember my total. I think it was somewhere between $30-$35 pre-tax. I guess that means I went over for the week (see our other purchase here.) I did a really bad job with coupons on this trip. I haven't even been through last week's coupons yet, and I never had the chance to set aside the coupons I needed for either of my trips this week. At the very least, I usually try to scan through them, so I remember what I have. Didn't even do that this week. I guess this just goes to show that it's impossible for anyone to be on top of their game (even their best game) all the time.

We have a pretty good stock of food left from last week since my husband was sick the majority of this past week. (I guess we know who the big eater is around here now!) We won't be eating anything too fancy! We'll probably have a baked potato buffet at some point this week, breakfast for dinner, black bean and cheese burritos. Our Thursday and Friday night dinners are usually very simple. We're all really worn down by Thursday night, so we usually just kind of graze. Friday night dinners are on the go because my oldest daughter has ballet. For dessert, the coconut candy I made yesterday will serve our (ie my) sweet tooth well. As far as the little girl's breakfasts go, I'm also overdue for a big crock pot of baby's favorite. For now, we're getting ready to make a big bowl of guacamole! Go Vikings!

See also The Grocery Chart Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive