Friday, January 22, 2010

Hen House 01/22


We had a little bit of a hard week this week! My husband has been down the majority of the week with the flu and/or a back injury. He's finally on the upswing today, and he's also decided now that he is feeling better that he needs to turn his eating habits around a little bit. Generally, I believe in feeding my family whole foods that come straight from the earth. I feel like I do a really good job standing by that principle when I feed the girls. They very easily get by on primarily on beans, fruits and veggies, whole grains, breast milk and a little bit of dairy. However, I love to over-indulge in sugar, and my husband eats just generally too much convenience food and junk. To support his change, I made a careful effort to buy a good variety of whole foods that I know he likes.

Here is what we got on our first grocery trip this weekend -

3 bags Quaker rice cakes
2 Aunt Jemima whole wheat pancake mixes
1 bag of tortillas
1 box of Saltines
1 box of Fruit Loops
1 bag of Stacy's pita chips (free)
1 Land o' Lakes butter (free)
1 Yoplait Smoothie kit (free)
1 Green Giant pasta and veggie kit
1 Blue Bell Blackberry Cobbler ice cream (This is SO good! (Good thing I already came clean about my sugar addiction!))
1 box of grape tomatoes
2 small boxes of blueberries
6.19 lbs of Russet potatoes
.69 lbs red onions
2 limes
5 avocados

My ore-tax total was $23.60. I saved $40.55 or 63%.

I'll make one other quick trip this week to Hy-Vee for their Sunday sale.

See last week's purchase here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive