Saturday, August 28, 2010

I did it!


Finally, a shopping trip. I will admit, it is far from impressive, but it's real. We're moving in to week 16 of barely hanging on here, peeps. ; ) Anyway, the sale ads were equally unimpressive this week, and I didn't get my coupons pulled together. Instead of being in their (formerly) normal baseball card sheets, they are in a ziplock bag. Fail.

Here is what we got:
1 Hershey bar
1 dozen eggs
1 Corning pie plate (No, you can't eat that.)
1 loaf of Earthgrains bread
6 boxes of GM cereal
2 bottles of generic apple juice
1 tub of Planters cashews
1 bag of Sara Lee bagels
1 package of Ball Park hotdogs
1 package of Hormel Naturals ham
1 big box of State Fair corndogs
1 gallon of 2% milk
1 tub of Philadelphia whipped cream cheese
2.22 lbs of Bartlett pears
2.39 lbs of peaches
1.96 lbs of apples
2.6 lbs of bananas

My pre-tax total was about $43.00, and I got a $6 catalina for the GM cereals.

There isn't a whole lot to work with here, but we've all (especially me) been eating a lot of fruit and cereal. Since I'm just not excited about food right now, I don't really care what I eat. Daddy and the girls will be happy to eat sandwiches, hot dogs and fruit for the time being. There is also a fairly decent stash of things in the freezer and pantry if they're really needing some adventure.

Also, I was planning on sharing my French Silk pie recipe this weekend. I still am hoping to, but I forgot to buy whipping cream. Boo! I might have to hide the Hershey bar and try again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers