Saturday, September 4, 2010

Feelin' a little better...


I'm FINALLY feeling more functional this week. Thank goodness!

I've made to small grocery purchases this week. The first trip included the ingredients to make baked potato soup (I'll share the recipe later today.) and chips and dip. The total came in at about $12. The second purchase is what's pictured above. I got 2 2.5 lb bags of peaches, 2 Yoplait plus, 2 Yoplait Simply Gogurt and a Digiorio pizza also for right around $12. (Note, both of these prices are after tax. In KS, we now pay nearly 9% on all of our food purchases. Scary!) We'll make another trip at some point in the next few days.

The other lovely item that you see pictured are FREE APPLES! Last week on my way home from work, I saw a lady walking across the street between an abandoned parking lot and a bunch of apartments with a big trash bag full of apples. I could tell she had picked them somewhere, but WHERE?!?!?! Yesterday, I spent about 10 minutes driving around in the general vicinity, and I FOUND IT. I was so stoked. There are about 4 Granny Smith trees that are ripe and another red apple variety that is not quite ripe yet. I'm guessing I picked about 6 lbs.My girls have been getting way in to baby's favorite again, so I was VERY HAPPY for the free supply of apples. Even at apples at less than $1/ lb, it gets expensive when they eat a whole crockpot full a week. So, last night, I whipped up a batch of apple pear sauce and now I'm waiting for my nectarines to get ripe, so I can make some apple nectarine sauce. You can bet I'll be doing some serious baby's favorite freezing while I watch these trees over the next few weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers