Sunday, August 28, 2011

Red, White and Green Sandwiches

I've been wanting to make these forever, and I finally had all of the ingredients at once to give it a shot! The sandwiches turned out really great! Everyone in my family ate every last bite. I served the girl's sandwiches to them "open faced," so they were a little easier to eat. I also didn't toast their bread, just warmed it through for the cheese to melt.

Ingredients,

1 loaf of ciabatta
a few tablespoons of garlic butter
a few tablespoons of pesto
8 oz fresh mozzarella
a couple ounces of pepperoni
1 large tomato

Here's how I did it,

I toasted the ciabatta under the broiler in the oven. After the bread came out, I put a thin layer of garlic butter and a thin layer of pesto. Then, I layered on the pepperoni and the mozzarella cheese and warmed through in the oven on about 400 for 5 minutes. When the sandwiches came out, I topped with a layer of tomato. SO easy, and SO YUMMY! This was fairly inexpensive, very satisfying and healthy! A winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers