Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Weekend!


It's only been two weeks since I've been to the bread store, but I already ran out of bread! Come to think of it, I'm out of EVERYTHING from my stocking up exercise (spending 10% of the budget on an item under $1 every week.) I haven't given up on he exercise entirely, but I'm not overly impressed so far!

This week, I spent $8 at the bread store. I got 6 loaves of bread and a single serving bag of mini muffins. I also hit Hy Vee's 1 day sale to stock up on lbs of butter. While I was there, I got 2 half gallons of OJ, two packages of hot dogs, apples and pears, a package of cream cheese, and I may be forgetting a few other things. My main trip to the store tonight is picture above. All in all, I spent just over $50 after tax. 

It's going to be a simple menu plan around here again. I know I've said this 1,000 times, but we are so low on everything! I have a lot of cooking and baking that I want to do, but it is just not working out to have all of the ingredients I need at once right now. I haven't broken the bank to spend extra money on groceries because I keep hoping if I'm diligent about how I'm shopping and how we are eating that we are going to get caught up. When I say hoping, I mean praying.

Friday - cream cheese chicken burritos

Saturday - cereal / grilled cheese and tomato soup / slow cooker potato soup and cinnamon roll cake

Sunday - pancake breakfast at church / lunch w/ family (I am taking Boston Cream Casserole and hot dogs) / hopefully won't be necessary due to all day grazing

Monday - apple and peanut butter sandwiches / brown bag lunches at the zoo /special carry out dinner

Tuesday - 100% whole wheat cinnamon toast / brown bag lunches / chicken salad sandwiches and green rice

Wednesday - cereal / brown bag lunches / fish sticks and fries with fresh fruit

Thursday - smoothie popsicles / brown bag lunches / leftovers

Friday - 100% whole wheat cinnamon toast / brown bag lunches / something from the next week's groceries

Snacks will be string cheese, fresh fruit, crackers, cereal, smoothie popsicles. I'd really like to do some baking, but I am out of eggs and salt. Hopefully it will be hot enough to kill that urge anyway! I'm not ready for fall!

You can see more menu plans at www.orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! you beat me to it! I was going to comment this morning and let you know I blogged about your blueberry bread but you beat me to it! :) Thanks for the great recipe! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete

Followers