Thursday, September 15, 2011

Green Tortilla Bake

Here is yet another delicious, healthy and inexpensive meal I came across as I've been researching some new main dishes for our family. I cooked four chicken breasts in the crockpot over the weekend, and I used half for chicken noodle soup and half for this recipe. I decided to bulk it up a little, so I also used a can of black beans and some extras of everything else. The recipe really turned out great! The original recipe is Rachael Ray's, and you can find it here.

Here is my adjusted version,

Ingredients

  • 3 chicken breasts or 2 cans of black beans (or a mix of both)
  • 3 cups store-bought salsa verde (I didn't use this much.)
  • 1.5  cup ricotta cheese
  • 6 small flour tortillas
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese (I used Mexican blend.)  
Preheat oven to 450.

Whisk together the spinach, salsa verda and ricotta; season with salt and pepper. In a greased 9-inch square baking dish, layer one-third of the salsa mixture, tortillas, chicken and/or beans, spinach and cheese; repeat twice. Bake until golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers