Thursday, September 17, 2009

Easiest recipe ever...

I thought I'd share the world's easiest dinner. Every time I share it, I think of it as a gift to all of the busy moms out there!

Cranberry Crockpot Chicken

2 lbs of chicken breasts (I've also heard pork chops work great!)
1 can of whole berry cranberry sauce
1 packet of dry french onion soup mix

You just have to let it simmer on low for 4 or 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. I love to serve it with wild rice and corn as a sort of "harvest" celebration.

Many thanks to my friend Tara, who shared it with me!

Join in the recipe sharing fun at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. What a fun blog!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is by far the easiest recipe I've seen. I'm making this one for sure! I do not even need to write it down :-) Thank you for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds too easy! I think I will try it with pork chops! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wihs I had made this instead of the lamb shanks. Sounds amazing....and I sure love cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this in the crockpot now, will be having it with rice later this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds absolutely simple and FABULOUS! Followed you here from Simple Cookery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is a fantastic recipe. I used jellied cranberry sauce and it turned out just fine. I also varied it by placing stuffed breasts top of the remaining stove top stuffing in a baking pan and pouring the cranberry mixture over top and unthickened chicken gravy poured over the stuffing to keep it moist. It turned out great and was like having Thanksgiving dinner all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Followers