Saturday, September 19, 2009

I found myself in somewhat of a predicament this week. With all of the back to school lunch type sales, I ended up with a pantry full of stuff and a very empty freezer and fridge. Objective for the week was to fix that. However, I ended up shopping some deals I couldn't resist and went over budget. However, these purchases do include diapers, wipes, toilet paper and laundry detergent. I've purposefully left those types of items as somewhat of a gray area. All in all, I suppose considering the household items purchased, we still did pretty well.

Price Chopper

1 package of Kraft Singles
1 package of Kraft shredded cheese
1 gallon of Roberts OJ
about 4.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
2.46 lbs of ground round
1 bag of Ore Ida fries
1 lb of frozen corn
1 lb of frozen peas
1 box of Fiber One granola bars
1 can of crushed tomatos
16 oz of organic vegetable broth
2 bags of Doritos (hubby will be so happy!)
2 bottles of Arm and Hammer Free laundry detergent
1 large package of Charmin Ultra
1 Oscar Meyer 8 oz package of ham
1 lb of celery
1 lb or organic carrots
3.31 lbs of onions (I'm going to chop a bunch and freeze!)
2.66 lbs of sweet potatoes (Daddy and the girls love to have baked sweet potatoes for lunch when I'm at work! How easy!)
5 lb bag of Russett potatoes

My pre-tax total was $47.47.
I save $33.27 with my card and$3.50 in coupons. My coupon total suffered a little due to the mission to stock my fridge and freezer, but I'm not worried about it.

I will post my Hy Vee trip later. At the moment I can't find my receipt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers