Friday, December 4, 2009

Answered prayers look a little bit like frozen chicken...


We don't eat a lot of chicken around here, but I'd had ONE package of frozen chicken for about three weeks. I used the last one on Tuesday when I made cranberry chicken, and I literally prayed for a chicken sale. Who would guess that ALL three of my favorite stores would have chicken breasts on sale this week! God and His sense of humor...I tell ya what. Anyway, I decided to buy frozen on sale instead of fresh on sale for the first time. I hope I don't regret it.

Here's what I got on tonight's trip --

2 Kraft Singles
1 Pumpkin Spice milk
11ish lbs of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Blue Bunny Coffee Break ice cream (I lovvvvvvve this flavor!)
2 Stove Top stuffings
1 Gingerbread cookie mix
4 Organic Ragu sauces
2 Oroweat 100% whole wheat loaves
2 cans of Libby's vegetables
2 16 oz bags of egg noodles (free)

My purchase tonight was was $37.90 pretax. I saved $45.00 or (if my math is right, 64%.) The total made me gulp a little. I don't buy much meat, but it sure did catch up with me tonight.

This week's sales were actually really good. I wanted to go to all three of my regular stores, but I knew there was no way I could do that without going over budget. Instead, we're just going to go to a one day sale tomorrow to pick up a few things on sale, eggs and milk. I have a $10 gift card that I've been forgetting to use, so we'll be trying to stay right at $20 total. It will be an exercise in self-control...which I will likely fail. LOL.

See this week's other trip here.

See last week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive