Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Don't make it harder than it has to be...


When I first started our grocery project in August of 2008, it took several weeks to build up a freezer and pantry stock. A lot of nights, we just kind of opened up the fridge and grazed on what we had because I wouldn't have everything I needed to make a real meal. We discovered that it wasn't painful, that we were eating less and more healthfully and that sometimes we enjoyed the freedom to decide for ourselves what sounded good. I decided to save orange juice chicken for tomorrow night, so tonight, we went back to that old tradition.

For dinner, my big girl grazed on raw veggies and hummus, a peanut butter sandwich and half an orange. I had a mini bagel with cream cheese, the other half of an orange and a few pita chips with hummus. My husband and my little girl are having a mini confetti chicken casserole that I had in the freezer.

Don't worry -- the goal of a pantry challenge doesn't have to be making the fanciest and most elaborate meal you can concoct from your overstock. You don't have to over think it -- just open up the fridge and have at it! That being said, wait until you see what I have planned for our New Years Eve dinner tomorrow (day 13 of the pantry challenge (sort of)) night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive