Sunday, June 12, 2011

5 Ingredient Salsa


I'm really sorry I didn't get my grocery trip posted this weekend! We've had back to back get togethers all weekend, so I just didn't quite get to it. We did go a little over budget as I used some of our "fun" money to take food to our various different get togethers.

This is one of my favorite salsa recipes, and I'll be taking it to a BBQ we are going to tonight. Here are the ingredients,

1 regular can of stewed tomatoes
1 regular can of whole tomatoes
1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
4-5 cloves of garlic
Juice of one lime
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place all of the ingredients in a blender and zip together!(It is pretty mild for my taste, but perfect for a crowd with varying taste buds! If you like it a little spicier, you could definitely add a little bit of fresh jalapeno.) I think people are ALWAYS happy to see salsa that didn't come from a jar! It's SO easy and worth the effort, for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I did a comparison on salsas before and didn't realized how much junk was in most of them. This sounds simple yet delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers