Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pineapple Inside Out Cake

This is a recipe from my mom's kitchen, and it has been one of my favorites since I was a little girl! I've discovered that the best thing bout it (aside from how delicious it is) is how EASY it is! It's BARELY harder than a cake mix, and it tastes so much better!

Here is the recipe,

2 cups flour
1.5 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 lb can crushed pineapple + juice
2 eggs

Mix together by hand. (No mixers allowed!) Pour in to an ungreased 9x13 pan.

Then, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts OR pecans and sprinkle over batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

For the topping, you need,

1.5 sticks of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine and boil for 3 minutes. AS soon as the cake is done pour over the hot cake.

Prepare to be amazed!

For more recipes see Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

3 comments:

  1. Lisette, please consider posting your vintage recipes at Vintage Recipe Thursday. I'd love it if you would post. I now also have another recipe linky party on Mondays. You're always invited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so simple, yet sounds amazing. Love it!

    I'd love to have you share this recipe on Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/30/4th-july-dessert-lemon-bars/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool sounding dessert. Love the name. Thanks for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Followers