Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beat The Heat


I know I've mentioned that I freeze milk when it is approaching it's expiring date to save for brown bag lunches. I actually almost always have frozen drinks in my freezer, especially in the summer! I don't know about you guys, but we are ALWAYS thirsty. If I don't take a drink for each one of us when we will be gone for the day, we can easily need 2 per person. I try to save as much as I can by taking a sippy cup for the girls wherever we go. In the summer, I prefill and freeze them, and we can refill with ice and water as needed.

Today, I took 5 minutes to freeze 1 drink per day for the long weekend. Not having to buy each of them two drinks per day over the course of three days (12 drinks total) at $1.50/drink will painlessly save us $18 this weekend! Love that!

Some of my girl's favorites are -

Crystal Light (1 big packet makes 3 12 oz cups)
Green or White Tea
Diluted Apple Juice

I also love that it is not only cheaper but far healthier than a fountain drink or a juice box!

1 comment:

Followers