Sunday, February 28, 2010


For my remaining $25, I got the items pictured above + 9 balloons and 4 carnations. I was happy to be able to squeeze the birthday party decorations in to what I had intended for my food budget. (Money was really tight for this birthday party as my husband had been out on light duty at work for nearly six weeks prior to the party. This cost us 5ish regular hours per week. Plus, he lost out on a significant chunk of overtime each week. We had to have a DIY bday party on the super cheap. I'm going to write a quick post about that too soon.)

Once again, I don't have too elaborate of meal plan this week. We'll be eating at Alpha on Monday night, and I think we are eating at my mom's on Tuesday night. My husband will probably have shrimp for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday, and the girls and I will likely have grilled cheese and tomato soup one day and fish sticks and fries another. I'm planning on making baked spaghetti for everyone on Friday. I was also very happy to be able to get a lot of apples, pears, pineapple and strawberries this week. Fruit makes my little people very happy, so they will enjoy that a lot!

I have two objectives for the week -

1. Get my coupons organized
2. Do some recipe research for some new frugal meal ideas
(Ok, three objectives, really..)
3. Start our taxes

Maybe I'll have some new surprises next week!

See this week's other purchase here.

See last week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers