Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Weekend!


I have a few announcements!

1. I feel like I owe a follow-up on my post about the need to reduce our grocery budget back in October. Very shortly after that, my husband got a raise and a promotion. It was a tremendous blessing and really great timing. Basically, the raise absorbed our increase in health insurance and tuition for 2010, so that was really great. We had a to wait quite awhile for it, but it was FINALLY on his check today! We are feeling very blessed, but at the same time, we know that we are required to be generous and resourceful stewards of God's money. I'm hoping that is an aspect of our financial strategy that I can shed some more light on. I should already be doing that. More on that later.

2. I forgot to mention that I am starting a 12 week diet through a word sponsored event...TOMORROW! I weighed in this afternoon. We did this same event last year, and I lost about 7 lbs. Guess what I gained back??? 9 lbs. I'm still at a healthy weight, but I wouldn't mind shedding some of the extra flab. My goal is to lose about 7 lbs this time. While I am as always trying to buy as many healthy foods as possibly, I prefer a strategy that allows me to eat what I want but just in smaller portions over diet foods. It worked last year, so I'll give it another go.

Now for our grocery trip to Hen House...

It was a good one! Here is what we got:

3 boxes of Barilla
3 cans of Red Gold tomatoes
1 bag of Mission tortillas
4 jars of organic RAgu
1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos (free)
1 package of Oreo Cakesters (free)
1 DiGiornio pizza
8 lbs of Russet potatoes
2.58 lbs of red pears

My pre-tax total was $18.22. I saved $29.43.

See this week's other shopping trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers