Monday, April 5, 2010

Olive Garden's Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip


A friend of mine made this recently for a wedding and for the baby shower we hosted last week. It is exceptionally good, but I didn't realize it was Olive Garden's recipe until I asked for the recipe. Here it is:

1 cup chopped artichokes
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
8 OZ. cream cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash pepper

In a small saucepan, boil artichokes and spinach in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Drain in colander. Heat cream cheese 1 minute in microwave or saucepan till hot. Then, stir all of the ingredients together. Reheat to serve if necessary!

For more recipes, see Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table, LifeasMom, Joy of Desserts, Grocery Cart Challenge.

14 comments:

  1. I love Olive Garden's dip! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking Light has a pretty good one as well for the crock pot. We will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh... yummy! I've never had Olive Garden's version, but this dip looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spinach dip! I may have to give up my fear of cooking with artichokes and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah! I recently put together another version of OG's dip and shared it with our Life Group, and there was a LOT of grazing going on! Good stuff...but how can you go wrong with that much cheese?! I used canned artichoke hearts, and the recipe was super simple. A purist who isn't afraid of fresh ones might balk at that, but I have never used them so the canned worked well for me. (I found them in the veg aisle, not the pickled ones.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious!!

    Here from Ultimate Recipe Swap.

    Melissa
    http://coffeewithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spinach artichoke dip. I can't wait for an excuse to try this. I am thinking on the next day that ends in Y whadya think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My girls would LOVE this:

    This looks like a delicious Summer Recipe! We are hosting "FUN SUMMER RECIPES" at our Linky Party THIS WEEKS CRAVINGS! We'd love for you to come by and link up! (Thanks a million) :-)

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/06/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-32-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had the Olive Garden version, but that dip looks fantastic. Any dip with spinach is yummy by me. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything with spinach! I saw you on melt in your mouth Monday... Wanted to invite you to come on over to my tasty Tuesday link party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/06/authentic-fried-rice-tasty-tuesday-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm visiting via Foodie Friday. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog as I am always looking for new and delicious recipes. Thanks so much for sharing your dip recipe! We don't have Olive Garden over here but after seeing this I wish we did. This looks yummy!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love spinach artichoke dip so much. I will definitely have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Followers