Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Table


I'm super busy cooking for Easter, so this will have to be a quick update!!! 

I allowed myself $100 for groceries this week for the upcoming Holiday. My extra $50 came out of our "gift" budget. I didn't *have* to take extra money, but I had a few new (and somewhat expensive) recipes I wanted to add to our Easter table. I'll be making my usual broccoli salad plus charoset (apple salad,) a mocha icebox cake and a pineapple carrot cake.

The groceries pictured above cost $78 after tax. I made a second quick stop at Hen House to pick up the remaining items that I needed. I came it at $27 after tax at Hen House. I went slight over budget, but I think I did pretty well!

I don't have a super specific meal plan this week. My mom brought over Honey Baked Ham and funeral potatoes, so we've been snacking on that. I'm also planning on having a good deal of Easter leftovers. Aside from that, I may take some enchilada soup out of the freezer, so we can have soup and salad for dinner and lunch leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the charoset salad. It's too late to make it this year but I would like to next year.

    Did you happen to post your menus somewhere on the blog?

    ReplyDelete

Followers