Friday, October 14, 2011

Egg in the Hole


I've been meaning to make this for my family for a LONG time, but I always used to forget! Incidentally, I watched Ree Drummond make it on her new Food Network show a few weeks ago, and I realized how ridiculously EASY it is. I followed her instructions, plus added a few things, and my family is IN LOVE.

Ingredients,

1 piece of bread
1 egg
1 tbs butter
grated cheese
salt and pepper

Here is how I did it,

After cutting a disc out of a piece of bread with a glass, place a generous tablespoon of butter in a medium hot pan. Throw in your bread and round bread disc and crack your egg in to the center. Salt and pepper to taste. After 2-3 minutes, carefully flip and repeat. I have been adding a sprinkle of cheese to the second side.

SO DELICIOUS and ridiculously cheap. It's not even worth calculating! I'm so glad I added this to our repertoire of favorite dishes. It is a life saver if you need something quick, and it certainly comes in handy on a low grocery week. Eggs and bread are something I ALWAYS have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers