Saturday, December 3, 2011

Spin Dip Macaroni and Cheese


A few weeks ago, a friend of mine mentioned that she had made a spinach dip macaroni and cheese recipe that she found on Pinterest. I was seriously like, "Why haven't I thought of this????" I have the BEST spinach dip recipe EVER! Incidentally, she said her fiance didn't like the recipe all that much, so I decided just to adapt mine.  The recipe is as follows,

1 cup chopped artichokes (I omitted simply because I didn't have any.)
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used fresh.)
8 OZ. cream cheese
3/4 cup chicken broth (approximate)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash pepper


In a small saucepan, boil artichokes and spinach in a cup of water for 10 minutes. Heat cream cheese for 1 minute in microwave or saucepan till hot. (While you are doing this, prepare your noodles as directed.) Then, stir all of the ingredients for the SAUCE together.Once your sauce is well incorporated and warm, stir in your hot noodles. If you wanted, you could definitely spread this in a pan, add some cheese and brown under the broiler! We were going for FAST on this night, so I didn't!

This recipe went over VERY well with my family. Everyone absolutely loved it. My daughter even ate it cold in her lunch one day. SO good!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Followers