Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Meal Planning


We're starting to cook Christmas food around here!  This is my first of two trips to the store. I spent $50 of my allotted $100. Even with $100, I had to be extra conscientious at the grocery tab we were racking up as my $100 also had to cover our meals for the week.  Rather than sharing our meal plan for the week, I'll share what we're cooking for our various events! These are the frugal ideas I cooked up for some of the various events we had going on. Some of the new recipes will follow soon!

Christmas Eve -

My Mom's Cheesecake with my Salted Caramel Sauce

Christmas  Day-

Blueberry Lemon Scones (cranberry orange recipe, sub blueberry and lemon)
My dad's favorite Holiday Broccoli Salad
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Red Hot Jello
Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream for Jesus's Birthday

The Day after Christmas with my in laws -

Veggie Tray
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels (Next year I might fill a popcorn tin with these! People have loved them!)
Apple Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce

Merry Christmas!

For more meal plans see www.orgjunkie.com.

3 comments:

  1. Transport containers are massive necessary and go all the way from what your going to transport in to what that is going into in the car. Example, casserole dish in transport basket in rubbermaid bin. Take one additonal step instruck all rubbermaid bin is the only thing they pick up. You place item in bin. Never again will anything be spilled or broken to the point it is not edible.
    I have had a tiny spill but after one episode like your apple pie I started this procedure and never had a problem again. Just a thought. In the mean time I believe you deserved a melt down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Poor hubby was only trying to help get everything closer to the car so things could get loaded. I bet he felt just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, he feels awful. He's not sure if I'm more upset about the pie or my gorgeous new pie plate. I'm not either. We did discuss the need for a more reliable method of transportation. This is actually the THIRD pie that has been dropped. His brother dropped one of my key lime pies a few Easters ago, and my husband has dropped another one since then! Never trust a man with an important pie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers