Wednesday, October 7, 2009




A picture! Finally!

And...I'm glad I got one because I'm sitting here looking at it like, "THAT'S IT?!?!?!"

The part that KILLS me is I saved more than I spent! Pre-tax my total was $23.71. My savings total was $27.89. What if I had NOT saved that cash??? Then what would I be saying?!?!?!?!

Let's break this down...all prices are pre-coupon

2 2 liters of Mountain Dew - $.86
2 cans of Progresso - $1.69 (Ok, maybe these were the bank breaker.)
1 loaf of Oroweat 100% whole wheat - $1.79
2 Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls - $1.86
1 box of Texas Toast - $2.50
1 Belfonte "scround" - $2.28
2 lbs of strawberries - $1.86/lb
approx 10 lbs of apples - $.86/lb

I saved an additional $3.05 with coupons.

That's it! Obviously, produce is a kicker, but I insist on providing a good variety for my girls. That, and I probably should have done without the Texas Toast! I was just thinking it would be a nice treat with our usual spaghetti with organic Ragu.

I will make one other trip this week, and I'm gonna have to stretch it! No extra money, and as I mentioned, I'm on the hook for several things -- banana bread and apples and caramel for a good friend with family in town for a memorial service, Boston Cream "casserole" for a friend's birthday, mini bagels and cream cheese for my little girl's preschool class AND now apple crisp and ice cream for my brother in law's birthday too. I REALLY love baking and feeding people, but it gets stressful squeezing it in to the budget sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive