Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Finally, the second half of last week's groceries.

I did go a little over. I DIDN'T use a lot of coupons. I must admit -- I am SO TIRED of seeing coupons for the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame stuff over and over and over. I'm really looking for some coupons with something DIFFERENT or for staples. Please, coupon people, help me out here! I was so frustrated after going to the store on Sunday, I didn't even buy a paper. I'm sure there were at least a few in there I could have used but BLECK.

Here's what I got at Hy-Vee -

Simply Raspberry Lemonade - $2.88
6 boxes of Barilla pasta - $.99
2 Campbell's bowls - $1.25
2 boxes of Cheez-Its - $1.87
6 oz cans of generic tomato sauce - $.25
1 64 oz can of generic tomato juice - $1.00
8 oz of walnuts - $2.08
2 Musselman's Healthy applesauces - $1.57
1 can of Rotel - $1.09
2 bags of Sara Lee 100% whole wheat mini bagels - $2.39
3 cans of Swanson brother - $.68
1 bag of Reser's frozen hash browns - $1.00
1 half gallon of whole hormone free milk - $1.79
8 2 liters of coke - $.68
1.77 lbs of pears - $.88/lb
2 cucumbers - $.79

My pre-tax total was $34.45. I saved $6.75 with coupons and $6.82 with rebates on the Coke.

We're really pretty well stocked on things, and I am mostly done with taking food places for at least the foreseeable future. I feel a little like I would like to skip a week of groceries to put back towards our car loan, but I think my husband might think I'd lost it entirely. Well I'm sure we wouldn't have trouble "getting by," he might have a fit if he didn't see anything new to eat for that long of a stretch.

Also, I thought I'd mention that my little girl took whole wheat mini bagels, plain whipped cream cheese and cucumbers for a snack to preschool today. I thought they could make cucumber sandwiches if they were fancy, or they could just snack on either or both as they wished. Incidentally, the teacher said all the other kids didn't know what to do with the cream cheese and didn't know what cucumbers were. My husband was funny as his report back on that was, "I guess we're the only ones that feed our kids yummy delicious food!" While I know that's not the entire truth, I am proud to say that my kids LOVE healthy food and have plenty of it. Even on a $50.00 budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive