Thursday, July 21, 2011
Since my husband's layoff, he's been suffering from Starbucks withdrawal. He's not a complete addict, but he sure loves Starbucks as an all too frequent special treat with his own spending money. Since there isn't any spending money in our new (hopefully short term) budget, I helped him come up with a Starbucks replacement. I saw this recipe on Hungry Girl and adapted it in to a slightly more frugal version with items we already had around the house. He thinks it's a win, so it must be good!
12 oz milk
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of chocolate malt powder
Sugar to taste (I used vanilla.)
Dissolve powders in 1 oz of hot water. Stir or shake with milk and serve over ice. (I didn't have any, so we shook it in an iced stainless steel drink shaker.)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (43)
- This week's menu plan...
- No Bake Lemon Cake
- Welcome to our new normal...
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Recycle Bank - McDonald's Offer
- Free Godiva Chocolates
- $50/week grocery project on unemployement week #3
- In This House...
- Easy Money Making Opportunity through Ebates...
- Poor Man's Mocha
- Cherry "Cheesecake" Breakfast Popsicles
- What happens when your world turns upside down.......
- Amish Breakfast Casserole
- Watching the budget...
- Have I mentioned that I have an obsession with dis...
- Don't Forget Your Groceries
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2010 (119)