Monday, July 18, 2011

Cherry "Cheesecake" Breakfast Popsicles


I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had finally solved the breakfast problem around here. I've been making all kinds of smoothie popsicles, but my latest was accidentally extra delicious! I decided to swap out half of my usual vanilla yogurt for plain to cut down the sugar. The combined plain and vanilla yogurts paired together with fresh cherries made a DELICIOUS popsicle. They taste like cherry cheesecake without the guilt! So good! My girls have been begging for them all day!

Here is the recipe,

15 pitted cherries
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 small container vanilla yogurt
1 small container plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Blend the pitted cherries with the sugar. Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Pour in to popsicle molds and freeze!

My cost breakdown -

2 store brand yogurts, $.60
1/2 lb of cherries (approx), $1.00
Remaining ingredients, about $.40.

Total per recipe was $2.00, and it made 9.5 breakfast popsicles. Total cost per breakfast is $.21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive