Monday, July 18, 2011
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had finally solved the breakfast problem around here. I've been making all kinds of smoothie popsicles, but my latest was accidentally extra delicious! I decided to swap out half of my usual vanilla yogurt for plain to cut down the sugar. The combined plain and vanilla yogurts paired together with fresh cherries made a DELICIOUS popsicle. They taste like cherry cheesecake without the guilt! So good! My girls have been begging for them all day!
Here is the recipe,
15 pitted cherries
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 small container vanilla yogurt
1 small container plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Blend the pitted cherries with the sugar. Add remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Pour in to popsicle molds and freeze!
My cost breakdown -
2 store brand yogurts, $.60
1/2 lb of cherries (approx), $1.00
Remaining ingredients, about $.40.
Total per recipe was $2.00, and it made 9.5 breakfast popsicles. Total cost per breakfast is $.21.
Posted by Lisette at 6:58 PM
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (43)
- This week's menu plan...
- No Bake Lemon Cake
- Welcome to our new normal...
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Recycle Bank - McDonald's Offer
- Free Godiva Chocolates
- $50/week grocery project on unemployement week #3
- In This House...
- Easy Money Making Opportunity through Ebates...
- Poor Man's Mocha
- Cherry "Cheesecake" Breakfast Popsicles
- What happens when your world turns upside down.......
- Amish Breakfast Casserole
- Watching the budget...
- Have I mentioned that I have an obsession with dis...
- Don't Forget Your Groceries
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2010 (119)